View: 50|Reply: 0

The next draft profile is a player that Buccaneers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2019-08-20 10:45:32 | Show all posts |Read mode
fans have already started to become familiar with - LSU linebacker Devin White"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2016 NFL DraftInjuriesFree AgencyGame FilmBuccaneers Draft Profile - LB Devin WhiteNew Womens Kendell Beckwith Jersey ,80commentsThe next draft profile is a player that Buccaneers fans have already started to become familiar with - LSU linebacker Devin WhiteEDTShareTweetShareShareBuccaneers Draft Profile - LB Devin WhiteBrian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsEver since Indianapolis, there has been one name that the Buccaneers have been heavily linked to regardless of where you’re looking. That is LSU standout linebacker Devin White. With the shift to the 3-4 defense and the loss of Kwon Alexander, the Bucs find themselves with a big need at linebacker, even following the first wave of free agency.White is a player that would make a lot of sense for the Bucs come April, but let’s get to know him a little bit first;Devin White’s CareerWhite played in 34 games in his three year career as an LSU Tiger, including thirteen games each of the last two years. He finished with 286 tackles, 28.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, one interception, nine passes defensed, three fumble recoveries and four forced fumbles.White was the anchor of the defense at LSU, dominating with his sideline to sideline speed and pursuit. He was a 2018 consensus All-American and the 2018 Butkus Award recipient Womens Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey , awarded to the nation’s best linebacker. He was number one in tackles in the SEC in 2018 and tenth in all the NCAA in tackles in 2017. He also finished second in the SEC in solo tackles and fifth in the SEC in forced fumbles in 2018.ProsPlain and simple, he’s the best all around inside linebacker in the draft. He’s the most well rounded and will start immediately - which is exactly what you’re looking for in a first round pick, especially in the top ten. His speed (4.42 40-yard dash) allows him to close quickly and never be out of a play. That sideline to sideline speed can open things up for Lavonte David to get more blitzing opportunities, where he excels when given the opportunity. He has coverage abilities and the size to match up against the tight ends in the NFL if called upon.ConsHas a tendency to over-pursue, much like Kwon Alexander did for the Bucs. Not a severe enough problem to drop him down draft boards, but able to be fixed with coaching. Still has some problems reading blocks properly, but has shown massive growth in that area at LSU. It was a problem for him that he has worked hard to correct, but still room for more growth.Why The Buccaneers Need HimWell, the Bucs need a Costco sized pack of linebackers to come in and help get this defense where it needs to be. They are off to a decent start with Kevin Minter returning as well as the signings of Shaq Barrett and Deone Bucannon. Although Bucannon is more of a hybrid, he will get plenty of looks in the front seven. White can anchor the middle of the defense for years to come and won’t be the liability Alexander was at times in coverage. As I stated earlier, he also opens things up for David who defensive coordinator Todd Bowles can get creative with in blitz packages. Plain and simple - White helps this defense in all facets of the game.Will It Happen?Unless a player like Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen falls, I think Bucs fans need to get used to the idea of this guy wearing pewter and red. Could he still be drafted in a trade back scenario? Possibly. However Womens Alex Cappa Jersey , the deal has to be right. Jason Licht is always willing to move up or down in the draft as long the compensation is there. That said, if the deal isn’t right, the Bucs will stay at five and take a player they love. They certainly love Devin White. Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota will be on the same practice field for a couple days, though their football careers will be forever linked.They practiced on the same field Wednesday for one period as Winston's Tampa Bay Buccaneers worked out with Mariota's Tennessee Titans. There wasn't time for any chit chat between them."I just know he's a great guy, and I just love seeing him out here competing," Winston said.NFL fans know more than that. They are both quarterbacks. They are both Heisman Trophy winners, and they were the first players drafted in 2015.But they didn't get a chance watch one another practice, much less catch up on things."It was separate, so I didn't really get a chance to go see him," Mariota said.The decision by Tampa Bay coach Dirk Koetter and first-year Titans coach Mike Vrabel for their teams to work out together before Saturday night's preseason game brought back up the Winston-Mariota debate.The two worked out together before the 2015 NFL draft out in California. Titans general manager Jon Robinson worked with Tampa Bay when the Buccaneers chose Winston as the No. 1 pick overall over Mariota. Now Robinson has Mariota as the first of those two quarterbacks not only to reach the playoffs but win a game once in the postseason."Mariota, he just does a great job and the Tennessee Titans have a good football team," Winston said. "We have a good football team too. We just have to win more games. It's always good to compete against guys Beau Allen Jersey , but he's done a great job here and I have to continue to work on my craft and lead our team to the playoffs."The Bucs will be without Winston for the first three games this season as the quarterback sits out a suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. The NFL announced the suspension in June after the league investigated an allegation Winston groped a female Uber driver in Arizona in March 2016.That's why Ryan Fitzpatrick started the Bucs' exhibition opener, a 26-24 win over Miami, and Winston worked with the second-team. Koetter said Fitzpatrick got the majority of the work with the Bucs' first-team offense when they worked on a separate field against the Titans' defense.Winston and Mariota will practice against each other again Thursday in the second of joint practices between the Bucs (1-0) and Titans (0-1). Then Fitzpatrick is expected to start again Saturday night.Koetter declined to compare where Winston and Mariota are now as quarterbacks going into their fourth seasons, happy with Winston."I'm not a good person to ask that, because I coach Jameis and I rarely get a chance to watch Marcus," Koetter said. "We know where Jameis is at, you've documented that many times. I can't compare the two because I rarely get to watch Marcus."Not only does Mariota have the edge over Winston in the NFL with a playoff victory, he also has two very big wins. Mariota and Oregon routed Winston and Florida State 59-20 in the College Football Playoff semifinal in January 2015 . Mariota also is 1-0 against Winston and the Bucs with a 42-14 win in the quarterbacks' NFL debut in 2015.The 2014 Heisman Trophy winner said he's never really been concerned with being linked to Winston during the pre-draft process or since. Mariota knows who he is and focuses on trying to improve himself."It's always kind of interesting our paths cross again," Mariota said. "But it is good to see him, and hopefully we'll just continue to find ways to get better and look back on it and just kind of laugh about it."Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register !login!

Points Rules

Our Facebook

IOS Download

Archive | Mobile | Dark room |

2019-09-19 20:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.583440 second(s), 19 queries .

ចូល​គណនី​តាម​ Facebook ​ដោយ​សុវត្ថិភាព​ត្រឹម​តែ​1​វិនាទី​ ។ ​លោក​អ្នក​​នឹង​អាច​ចូល​មេីល​អត្ថបទ​សំណេីច​ ហ្គេម​ និង​ភាព​យន្ត​ជា​ដេីម ​បាន​យ៉ាង​ច្រេីនថែម​ទៀតដោយសេរី។
Directly login by Facebook safely in one second. And you will see more jokes, games, movies and others.

Power by: 9zhuotech© 2013-2017

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list